What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to be resident in the Mobile, AL area to provide outstanding service to all customers. The candidate must be highly motivated and committed to solving customer problems. A positive outlook, desire to help others, ability to listen and work collaboratively are crucial to succeed in this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain cost and schedule plans for assigned tasks while applying technical support concepts and operating with minimal oversight.
- Extensive travel to sometimes austere locations such as on-board ships or overseas to perform the required job function.
- Provide hands-on technical support to customers by phone and on-site on multiple complex systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug complex radar, electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, software, and networked and/or wireless systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues independently or in collaboration with others.
- Respond to situations where first-line technicians have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Report design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Have direct and constant contact with customers.
- May support other company functional areas such as customer installation and training.
- Deliver training to customers on operations and maintenance of Saab products.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline and 8+ years of experience OR 12+ years of relevant military or aerospace experience.
- Giraffe AMB (or similar) radar systems design, operation, or maintenance experience highly preferred.
- Must be eligible to obtain U.S. Government security clearance.
- Must be capable of lifting and removing/replacing components weighing 50 pounds or more.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 02 March 2020 • 21:46