After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence and security customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Senior/Principal Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting both business development and project delivery by providing Combat Systems solutions through the application of a balanced systems engineering effort.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting business development and the successful winning of new business through technical leadership in the definition of solutions working with our customers and the sales organisation
- In delivery of projects, providing technical leadership in undertaking system engineering activities that span the applicable elements of the lifecycle, including the acquisition of equipment
- Undertaking the necessary planning and coordination to ensure the required engineering outputs for the assigned tasks are delivered to the agreed requirements, cost and schedule
- Undertaking engineering, including analysis, design, integration and verification, as required to meet the objectives of the assigned tasks
- Ensuring appropriate reviews have been undertaken on the required engineering outputs
- Supporting the definition of the Engineering Baselines for assigned tasks and manage change to these baselines
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline
- Appropriate experience in the engineering of complex solutions across the systems engineering lifecycle
- Demonstrated planning and technical management/leadership skills
- Proven ability in internal and external stakeholder management, including with the customer
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas (process or technology based) and how these relate to the system engineering process and outputs produced over the lifecycle for a system
- Demonstrated awareness of the need to address whole of capability/system issues, such as security, safety and supportability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong commitment to teamwork
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 28 February 2020. You may contact our careers team for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.