Are you a committed Service Manager or Project Manager who wants to join the journey towards tomorrow's IT at Saab?
Saab is currently expanding internationally towards becoming a multi-domestic company. In this process, IT plays an important role in facilitating and enabling collaboration. Data has never been as important as it is today. Sharing, collecting, storing, using and capitalizing on data is one important component for all Saab's product areas. Information technology will bring improvements in practically every area and Saab will utilize this by incorporating IT even closer to our core business. Some areas that Saab IT will need to put extra effort in are:
· Increased digitalization in products and ways of working
· Invest in modern technologies such as automation and cloud
· Continuing to create a truly inclusive and performance driven culture
Your future challenge
In the role, you will work closely together with service owners and a wide range of technicians delivering IT-services to all of Saab’s business areas. Close and frequent contacts with the customers is a very important part of the role and your ability to build relationships and create trust is vital to the role. You will be contributing in developing existing services and also to design new services. The Service Managers responsibilities are positioned within the tactical and operational area, whereas the Service Owners responsibilities lies mainly within the strategic and tactical area.
Who you are
You are an independent and structured person with a strong personal drive. You have basic technical understanding regarding IT-technology and have an ability to speak with IT-technicians at their level. You are a service minded person with social skills and relation building abilities giving you the best possible prerequisites to handle the role’s frequent contacts with customers and also other parts of the Saab IT organization. Another central part of the role is the ability to follow up on both delivery and financials of the services and you are comfortable with, and have experience from budget related work. You will also be required to coordinate and drive operational tasks “hands-on” when needed.
Responsibilities of the role
· Overall responsibility for a number of Service operation activities and ensure that all day-to-day operational activities are carried out in a timely and reliable way.
· That IT service, IT service components and IT Solutions complies with agreed requirements and service level.
· To initiate and manage maintenance activities/assignments based on the approved maintenance plan.
· Key stakeholder for determining whether a new release affecting a service in production is ready.
· Ensure Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery plans are compatible with operational deliveries and that plans are tested on a regular basis.
· Provide service reports on operational deliveries performance, quality and costs to the ISO.
· Proactively identify and implement service improvements in operational deliveries within specified form fit and function.
· Secure that all external contractors (service agreements, consultants etc.) fulfill the agreed SLA.
· Own and manage operational budget.
· Propose the need for potential changes in contracts/agreements/resources with external and internal suppliers in accordance to the maintenance plan.
· Coordinate communication among support staff and systems staff and between different service areas.
· Support the ISO in the budget process.
· Coordinate internal and external suppliers in day-to-day operations.
· Secure manning of the roles at the operational level according to current staffing processes.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act. If you have further questions regarding the process, contact HR-specialist Lisen Götze email@example.com. During week 28-32 are we on summer vacation, and we will answer your questions after that.
Saab guides innovation forward for the world’s leading manufacturers of products used for peacekeeping operations to real combat scenarios – today’s missions demand the seamless implementation of strategies. Saab is a global provider of products, services, and support solutions within these areas. Saab has been providing solutions designed to meet needs as, training and command and control systems, to military subsystems, weapons and next-generation aircraft, our solutions improve operational capabilities and reduce the cost of ownership.