What you will be part of
Saab Barracuda LLC is a business unit operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC in Lillington, North Carolina. Saab Barracuda is the world's leading supplier of products and services within multispectral signature management and force protection technology. Saab Barracuda is at the front line of research and development within the area and the company has built a solid competence, when it comes to optimizing signature management solutions. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Barracuda LLC is seeking Sewing Machine Operators to produce sub-assembly parts and finished parts for multispectral products. This position will be fulltime-temporary to support a 2-year contract, working 40 hours per week.
- Attach webbing to nets and sew vinyl reinforcements to net material.
- Use multiple sewing methods and machines.
- Seam or sew panels when needed.
- Audit own work during and after sewing processes.
- Cut webbing to required lengths and assemble straps/buckles.
- Recognize defects and correct/stop machine, if not producing first quality material.
- Perform secondary operation, to include reworking panels or repairing nets/systems.
- Document daily production information on associate production report.
- Maintain a safe working environment in assigned workspace.
- Perform morning and mid-day stretches.
- Use proper lifting techniques and lifting equipment for material movements into and out of the machine.
Your skills and experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent
- 3+ years of sewing experience (5+ years and previous camouflage net/products sewing experience is desired)
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, work instructions and job safety analysis.
- Ability to understand CAD drawings.
- Knowledge to recognize defects and correct/stop machine
- Ability to recognize and notify supervision and/or maintenance when abnormal machine conditions occur.
- Ability to perform all necessary data entry into Business System.
- Master multiple tasks and machines.
- Possess good inter-personal skills to allow one to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Production Supervisor, Production Lead and co-workers
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching during a normal workday.
- Ability to lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, and to receive ordinary information and directives from Production Supervisors and management as required.
- Ability to work extended hours when required
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a drug test and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 01 July 2019 • 17:16