After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career providing outstanding construction management advice and support for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
The Door is Open
As part of our Civil group, the Site Construction Manager will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s OneView physical security information management system. This will involve successful site-based management of security system projects.
They will also:
- Manage site-based sub-contractors, including compliance with sub-contracts, on-site works, quality of work and deliveries
- Provide status updates to the Project Manager for consolidated project reporting
- Manage the customer on site, interfacing with the builder and others as required for status reporting, progress meetings, issue resolution and co-ordination
- Identify, capture and manage variations/directions, delay advice notices, prolongation claims and site disputes
- Establish and maintain the site based project schedule
- Conduct risk management and reviews with the Project Manager
- Interstate travel and work in active correctional facilities may be required.
Your experience will include:
- Project management of security system or building management system installations
- Site construction management, including WHS and environmental management
- Scheduling, Work Breakdown Structure, scope management, finance reporting and risk management
- Experience with the PMBok Project management standards
- The ability to obtain a security licence
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001 standards and implementation.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health and wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.