What you will be part of
What you will be part of
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations on every continent, we continuously work with new technology to meet our customers’ changing needs. We are about 15,000 employees in total, have about 28.5 MSEK revenues and re-invest with and annually ca. 25% of our revenues in research in development.
You will be part of a total of ca. 500 colleagues of our business unit “Training & Simulation” and will be responsible for the finance function at our site in Slavkov u Brna.
You will be part of a dynamic and open organization, working closely with the site manager in Slavkov and the finance function of the business unit in Sweden, with the possibility to travel and hone your English language skills.
In your role as Head of Finance / CFO, you are directly supporting the site manager in all financial matters regarding the Slavkov site as part of the business unit “Training & Simulation” and act as Chief Financial Officer regarding the statutory for the subsidiary Saab Czech s.r.o.
You are a voting member of the site’s management team, where you act as a business partner to the rest of the organization and create an understanding and acceptance of the financial process and relevant financial controls.
You work closely with the finance function and the Head of Finance of the business unit, which is located in Husvkarna, Sweden.
Primarily, the role includes:
• Management of the staff of the finance function, currently including 3 colleagues
• Prepare / review decision material with respect to financial impact of decisions in our winning business, execute business and Product Life-Cycle Management processes
• Lead the budget processes for the site
• Ensure accuracy and data consistency in the financial information systems
• Ensure understanding of key financial data within the site and business unit
• Support managers in defining and following up performance parameters and internal control
• Perform quarterly financial audits of the site
• Responsible for the fulfillment of statutory requirements for the local legal entity
• Responsible for the maintenance and interoperability of the financial information systems
Your experiences and skills
To be successful in this position, you are a pro-active and highly self-motivated person with high integrity and very good communication skills. You can explain financial matters and share your knowledge with your colleagues. You are structured and ambitious in developing the right level of financial processes, analyses and controls. You value trust, expertise and drive.
Specifically, you should have:
• University degree in Finance / Economics or equivalent experience and knowledge
• At least 3-5 years of experience in a financial function
• Experience in managing standard tasks in financial control
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to think systematically
• Very good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to handle many concurrent tasks
• Experience / ability to manage a small team for accounting, reporting, planning, financial and business analysis of financial data as well as for various administrative tasks
• Experience in / ability to understand the operational processes of a product-based organization, including marketing & sales, hard- & software development, production and after sales support
• Experience in using and maintaining financial information systems (we currently use IFS)
• Very good knowledge of the Czech and English languages
• Experienced in working in international company with project accounting
• Knowledge of the tax system and legal requirements of the Czech Republic
• Experience with audit procedures and transfer pricing
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Microsoft Excel
In this role, we offer you:
• Full-time job, starting date immediately
• Based at Slavkov u Brna (20 minutes from Brno center)
• Interesting salary
• Large degree of influence in the setup and operation of the finance function with interesting and varied tasks
• Flexible working hours, 5 weeks of vacation
• Inspiring and developing international work environment under a strong brand, in close cooperation with Swedish colleagues and active use of the English language
Personal data protection
By submitting your application to the stated contact person you hereby agree that we, Saab Czech s.r.o., residing at Celakovskeho 689, 684 01 Slavkov u Brna, Czech Republic, ID 27184561, can process and store your personal data included in your submitted documentation in our personal database for recruitment and selection processes to open positions. This authorization is valid for one year from the date of receipt of the documentation, after that, the documentation will be disposed. Provision of personal details is voluntary; the approval can be revoked in written form and free of charge at any time before the above-mentioned period expires. Also, you confirm that the information stated by yourself is true and accurate. The above-mentioned procedure is required by law for personal information protection No. 101/2000 Coll, as amended.