After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence and security customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Civil group, the Site Supervisor/Manager will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s OneView physical security information management system.
The Site Supervisor/Manager will contribute to the successful management and conduct of security system projects within Saab Security.
The successful candidate will:
- Supervise the day-to-day installation activities for the Sydney Opera House Project
- Manage the project schedule and ensure all work activities are being delivered in accordance with the schedule
- Liaise with the builder supervisors to manage dependencies, delays and schedule impacts
- Conduct coordination activities with other project trades
- Manage formal communications (receipt and issuing) covering status reporting, progress meeting minutes etc
- Manage and record effort expended on variations/directions
- Manage contractor performance
- Review all updated and issued drawings and specifications to identify changes and issues affecting Saab works
- Oversee enforcement of on-site OH&S plans and SWMS
- Conduct weekly Toolbox meetings and accurately record the meeting minutes
- Deliver all completed ITPs to the Project Manager.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Experience with security/surveillance system design and installation projects or similar system integration projects
- At least 5 years professional experience
- Experience dealing with customers and end-users
- Ability to monitor, implement and conduct system installation activities
- Experience in working with sub-contractors and suppliers as part of overall security solution delivery.
- Testing and sell-off
- NSW Security License
- Construction Industry White Card holder
- Experience in installation of security services in major construction sites (desirable)
- Trade Qualifications in either Electrical, Communications, or Electronic Security Services (desirable).
This position will be offered on a fixed term basis until April/May 2021.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health and wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.