What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in
more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through
Saab ATM, is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Software Configuration Management, Release Engineer to Develop, analyze and maintain tools that support and automate processes for software product release.
- Work with engineering to develop installation scripts and programs for installation of products.
- Work with project teams to determine an appropriate build schedule and then initiate the build and packaging process
- Compile and assemble software from source code
- Support developers for software package registry and delivery
- Implement process improvements across the CM discipline
- Work with development engineers to correct build errors
- Data entry - manipulating/analyzing data for use
- Execute planned program activities in accordance with procedures
- Monitors compliance with CM SOPs
Your experiences and skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in a formal Software CM environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer-service orientation
- Understand Software CM Methodologies
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Understand CMMi / ISO terminologies/practices
- Understand how Defect Tracking/Version control tools work
- Understand processes and procedures and ability to apply them to daily work with little guidance
- Release management skills
- Problem solving skills – build issues /SW load or jumpstart issues – able to investigate and solve minor issues
- Ability to perform Configuration Management evaluation activities such as internal audits, FCA/PCA
- Ability to author program CM documents such as Configuration Management Plans
- Basic use of Multiple Operating Systems
- Basic System Administration Skills
- Database administration skills
- Basic understanding of software build environments
Saab ATM provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Must be U.S. Citizen in order to be considered for employment.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.