What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, industry leading benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
The Software Engineer’s focus will be on the specification, design, development, documentation, testing and maintenance of software components within Saab’s Land Systems group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Growing an understanding of the operational use of the Saab land based military systems under development and programming/maintaining related software components and test code
- Research and development for new military software components
- Participating in the specification and requirements elicitation of software components
- Designing, implementing and testing of software components to meet the specified requirements
- Producing all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews
- Participating in reviews of software and documentation as required
- Plan, prioritise and deliver assigned tasks within the agreed scope, and schedule
Your skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Proficient in the use of C++ and/or Java programming languages
- Experience in writing software requirements
- Experience in designing, developing and testing software components within software intensive systems
- Experience in maintenance and defect resolution of legacy software components
- Strong knowledge regarding contemporary software development standards, principles and best practice
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance to the level of NV1
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 25 August 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 12 August 2019 • 09:33