What you will be part of
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations on every continent, we continuously work with new technology to meet our customers’ changing needs. We are about 15,000 employees and annually re-invest ca 25% of our revenues in research in development.
You will be part of a total of ca. 500 colleagues of our business unit “Training & Simulation”. You will be based at our site in Slavkov u Brna, together with the colleagues who work on developing “virtual training solutions”, including simulators for all kinds of systems, from small arms to complete tank and driving simulators on motion platforms.
You will be part of a dynamic and open organization, working closely with software engineering colleagues in Sweden, with the possibility to travel and hone your English language skills.
Your role includes to contribute in the specification and development of software for our virtual training systems and help us to always strive for using state-of-the-art software engineering tools and techniques. You are a valued member of a competent team of software engineers who have the ambition to develop high-quality and sustainable software architectures and solutions that enable repetitive sales.
Your role is in many aspects very close to a software engineer in high-fidelity computer game development. Specifically, it includes the development of requirements from user needs, specification / modelling of software solutions and their realization, mostly in the form of C# code on the Unity 3D platform.
Your experiences and skills
To be successful in this position, you are a pro-active and highly self-motivated person with good communication skills and able to share your knowledge with your colleagues. You are structured and ambitious in developing clean, readable and re-usable, modularized software. You value trust, expertise and drive.
Specifically, you should have:
• Experience from simulator / game development based in Unity 3D or other game engines
• Good knowledge of C# language and .NET / Mono framework, knowledge of C++ and scripting in Python, BASH
• Knowledge / understanding of code repository systems (such as Git version system)
• Awareness of graphical programming (shaders, OpenGL, Direct 3D, rendering, graphics pipelines)
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering practices such as model-based software development and code-generation and related notations (such as UML or SysML) and modeling tools (such as Enterprise Architect)
• Knowledge and application of commonly used design patterns
• Awareness of hardware / software integration (as we develop complete simulator systems)
• University degree in Computer Science / IT or similar experience and knowledge
• Knowledge of the English language, to be able to communicate with our team members in Sweden and our customers and partners located in many destinations around the world
In addition, if you have the following knowledge or experience, this will be helpful:
• Experience with general product development and product lifecycle
• Experience with mid- and large-scale projects using the Unity 3D platform or similar
• Knowledge of multi-platform programming in Unity 3D
• Knowledge of IoC and Dependency Injection
• Full-time job, starting date immediately
• Based at Slavkov u Brna (20 minutes from Brno center)
• Appropriate salary
• 5 weeks of vacation
• Flexible working hours and home office up to 2 days per week
• Working with modern software development tools
• Active use of English language
• Competence development and education
• If applicable, opportunities to travel internationally to colleagues and customers
Personal data protection
By submitting your application to the stated contact person you hereby agree that we, Saab Czech s.r.o., residing at Celakovskeho 689, 684 01 Slavkov u Brna, Czech Republic, ID 27184561, can process and store your personal data included in your submitted documentation in our personal database for recruitment and selection processes to open positions. This authorization is valid for one year from the date of receipt of the documentation, after that, the documentation will be disposed. Provision of personal details is voluntary; the approval can be revoked in written form and free of charge at any time before the above-mentioned period expires. Also, you confirm that the information stated by yourself is true and accurate. The above-mentioned procedure is required by law for personal information protection No. 101/2000 Coll, as amended.