- Design and write code, and implement clean, dynamic extensible .Net applications.
- Prepare design proposals for solutions to meet the customers' requirements.
- Conduct detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, develop and document designs that meet applicable standards, and identify, analyze and resolve complex software and design inadequacies.
- Make recommendations for changes to product development policies, guidelines and standards.
- Participate in product design meetings and preparation of requirements and design specifications.
- Provide detailed and high-level estimates to assist in establishing development schedules to meet project needs.
- Assist with customer evaluation and testing of products.
- Monitor and support operation of production systems.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues.
- Build skills as a technical team leader.
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related interactive/web design discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in web development.
- Knowledge and understanding of methods, standards and best practices with respect to web and mobile web development.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and best practices of unit testing.
- Experience with code optimization. Ability to write efficient code.
- Ability to document web designs using industry standard practices.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Understanding of the principles and differences between server-side and client-side technologies and processes.
- Experience with industry tools and processes is a plus.
- Experience with KendoUI, ExtJS, or similar is a plus.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development. Saab Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Last updated: 13 February 2019 • 16:01