What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in
more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through
Saab ATM, is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented, Software Quality Engineer to develop, evaluate, revise, and apply technical quality assurance protocols/methods to project and program work activities and outputs.
- Use professional concepts; apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Apply common software quality engineering principals, techniques and company standards.
- Monitor project compliance in accordance with project plans, contractual requirements and the Saab Sensis quality system
- Initiate and facilitate corrective action process, as needed
- Author program quality documents, such as quality assurance plans, audit reports, etc.
- Actively participate in large project activities such as technical design reviews, test event execution/monitoring, etc.
- Participate in project planning and design/development activities
- Perform program/process quality evaluation activities (i.e. audits)
- Provide guidance to project teams and engineers regarding the application of processes
- Gain understanding of processes with capability to suggest improvements
- Estimate quality assurance level of effort, associated costs and develop a basis of estimate in support of the contract proposal process
- Present results/content to customers (internal or external) and/or others, as needed
- Review contracts for applicable requirements relating to the quality system
Your skills and experience
- BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in a formal Software QA environment
- ASQ Software Quality Engineering Certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer-service orientation
- Understanding of Software QA Methodologies
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of ISO terminologies/practices
- Understanding of how Defect Tracking/Version control tools work
- Understanding of processes and procedures and ability to apply them to daily work with little guidance
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of multiple operating systems
- Basic system administration skills
- Basic understanding of software build environment
Saab ATM provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.