What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis, is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented, Software Quality Engineer to develop, evaluate, revise, and apply technical quality assurance protocols/methods to project and program work activities and outputs.
- Use professional concepts; apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Apply common software quality engineering principals, techniques and company standards.
- Monitor project compliance in accordance with project plans, contractual requirements and the Saab Sensis quality system
- Initiate and facilitate corrective action process, as needed
- Author program quality documents, such as quality assurance plans, audit reports, etc.
- Actively participate in large project activities such as technical design reviews, test event execution/monitoring, etc.
- Participate in project planning and design/development activities
- Perform program/process quality evaluation activities (i.e. audits)
- Provide guidance to project teams and engineers regarding the application of processes
- Gain understanding of processes with capability to suggest improvements
- Estimate quality assurance level of effort, associated costs and develop a basis of estimate in support of the contract proposal process
- Present results/content to customers (internal or external) and/or others, as needed
- Review contracts for applicable requirements relating to the quality system
Your skills and experience
- BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in a formal Software QA environment
- ASQ Software Quality Engineering Certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer-service orientation
- Understanding of Software QA Methodologies
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of ISO terminologies/practices
- Understanding of how Defect Tracking/Version control tools work
- Understanding of processes and procedures and ability to apply them to daily work with little guidance
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of multiple operating systems
- Basic system administration skills
- Basic understanding of software build environment
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be a U.S. Citizen in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 01 October 2018 • 21:01