What you will be part of
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations on every continent, we continuously work with new technology to meet our customers’ changing needs. We are about 15,000 employees and annually re-invest ca 25% of our revenues in research in development.
You will be part of a total of ca. 500 colleagues of our business unit “Training & Simulation”. You will be based at our site in Slavkov u Brna, together with the colleagues who work on developing “virtual training solutions”, including simulators for all kinds of systems, from small arms to complete tank and driving simulators on motion platforms.
You will be part of a dynamic and open organization, working closely with software engineering colleagues in Sweden, with the possibility to travel and hone your English language skills.
Your role includes to contribute in the testing, integration and delivery of software for our virtual training systems and help us to always strive for using state-of-the-art software engineering tools and techniques. You are a valued member of a competent software team with people who have the ambition to develop high-quality and sustainable software architectures and solutions that enable repetitive sales.
Your role is in many aspects very close to a software tester/integrator in high-fidelity computer game development. Specifically, it includes the testing of software developed according to user needs, integration of software modules and preparation of software for delivery. Software is mostly developed in C# code on the Unity 3D platform.
Your experiences and skills
To be successful in this position, you are a pro-active and highly self-motivated person with good communication skills and able to share your knowledge with your colleagues. You are structured and ambitious in developing clean, readable and re-usable, modularized software. You value trust, expertise and drive.
Specifically, you should have:
• Ability to systematically analyze software functionality with focus on revealing of bugs
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of the English language
• University degree in Computer Science / IT or similar experience and knowledge
In addition, if you have the following knowledge or experience, this will be welcomed, but is not required:
• Experience with state-of-the-art software integration and testing practices
• Experience from testing or integration focused role
• Experience with continuous integration and related tools
• Awareness of hardware / software integration (as we develop complete simulator systems)
• Experience with scripting in PowerShell, Python welcomed
• Knowledge / understanding of code repository systems (such as Git version system)
• Experience in Unity 3D (or other game engines)
• Experience with C# language and .NET / Mono framework
• Experience from simulation / game development
• Full-time job, starting date immediately
• Based at Slavkov u Brna (20 minutes from Brno center)
• Appropriate salary
• 5 weeks of vacation
• Flexible working hours and home office up to 2 days per week
• Working with modern software development tools
• Active use of English language in integrated teams with Sweden
• Competence development and education
• Opportunities to travel internationally to colleagues and customers over the world
If you find this job opportunity interesting, please send your application and CV to: email@example.com.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number almost 15 000 employees and have operations on all continents.
Our operation is based on technology at the absolute cutting-edge. We are convinced that our approach helps expand the boundaries of the possible and creates the necessary prerequisites for a better and safer world.
Last updated: 14 August 2018 • 07:46