What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation, Air Traffic Management business unit, is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, results-oriented individual as a Specialty (Safety) Engineer. The Safety Engineer participates in hazard identification with ATC operational experts, performs cause and effect analyses, develops barriers to causes and mitigations to effects, writes safety requirements for products and ensures those requirements are met. The safety engineer will produce safety reports and other related safety documentation. The safety engineer also monitors changes to our products for any impact to operational ATC safety.
The Safety Engineer:
- Conducts system safety analyses on Air Traffic Control surveillance and automation systems in accordance with industry best-practices.
- Works with developers and field engineers to ensure that all safety-related requirements are addressed
- Creates and maintains safety related documentation for products and for specific contracts
- Reviews changes to products for their safety impact
- Supports proposal efforts
- Interacts with internal or external customers on technical and programmatic issues
- Balances multiple concurrent program and activities
Minimal travel, less than 10%
Saab Sensis Corporation provides an excellent working environment offering, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Your skills and experience
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline or related discipline and 0-10 years experience
- Knowledge of aviation safety processes.
- Familiarity with standard safety tools such as hazard analysis, cause and effect diagrams, FMEA.
- Use problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work in a team and form productive working relationships with others.
- Take a stand when necessary for safety.
- Experience with Eurocontrol SAM, ED-78, SESAR Safety Reference Material or similar.
- Experience with DO-278A/ED-109A or similar software safety assurance standards.
- Familiarity with air traffic control operations and procedures
- Knowledge of ATC surveillance or automation systems
- Development and operation of a safety management system
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 December 2018 • 17:31