At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation is in search of a motivated, enthusiastic Electrical or Computer Engineering student(s) who would be interested in putting their Electrical or Computer Engineering studies to real-work practice through a Spring (January - May) Co-op opportunity at our East Syracuse, NY location.
• Selected candidate will assist engineering in the design, development and test of various electronic circuit card assemblies. This includes:
• Design and implementation of basic circuits
• Design, implementation, simulation and test of VHDL based Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) firmware
• Bench testing of various circuit cards including first article hardware and legacy hardware
• Assist in the generation of various artifacts/documentation including circuit board schematics and bills of material
Your experiences and skills
• Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
• US Citizen or Green Card holder
• Must have completed Sophomore year or greater
• Understanding of basic circuit theory
• Understanding of digital logic design
• Must be able to read and decipher an electrical schematic
• Working knowledge of VHDL
• Ability to effectively use MS Word and Excel
• Ability to use rudimentary test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, and power supplies
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both the written and oral contexts
• Must demonstrate good organizational skills and attention to detail
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering, flexible work hours, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, 401(k), and a fitness facility.
As a Federal contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 17 September 2018 • 19:31