What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Saab Sensis is in search of motivated, enthusiastic Software Engineering student(s) who would be interested in putting their engineering studies to real-work practice through a Spring 2020 (Jan - May) Co-op opportunity at our Syracuse, NY location. In this position, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new application prototypes and help evaluate the suitability of different technical solutions for Saab Sensis’ next generation of products. While working alongside experienced software developers, you will also have the freedom to seek out and proposal novel approaches.
- Understanding and helping refine software requirements, which often evolve during early-stage R&D
- Assisting in evaluating suitable technologies, both open source and commercial
- Writing software for prototypes and performance tests
- Documenting results and recommendations
Your skills and experience
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must have completed Sophomore year or greater
- Strong understanding of (and interest in) the software development process
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with databases, computer vision, machine learning, and/or Big Data techniques is a major plus
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in phone and/or on-site interviews.
Paid assignment, casual work attire, paid holidays, flexible work hours, 401(k), fitness facility
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).