After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence and security customers, we're now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career providing outstanding stores and logistics support for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Stores and Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting the inventory holding at Saab’s Rockingham warehouse in accordance with company procedures and relevant industry and Department of Defence standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering optimal logistic outcomes as part of the Integrated Inventory service team
- Undertaking receipt and despatch duties including packaging, handling storage and transportation requirements
- Undertaking accurate equipment auditing as instructed
- Maintaining and updating ERP databases and documentation control pertaining to receipt inspection and deliveries
- Liaising with external freight and customs clearance companies to ensure delivery schedules and budgets are met
- Operating a forklift truck
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess:
- Experience in store and warehouse operations
- Experience with and a license to operate a forklift truck
- Computer proficiency in using ERP software and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of quality control processes and Work Health Safety (WHS) practices.
- Experience in Defence Logistics and understanding of DEF-AUST 1000C requirements
- Experience in Defence database utilisation such as MILIS
- Understanding of Department of Defence Warehouse and Distribution processes
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Adherence to Safe Work Practices.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 25 February 2020. You may contact our careers team for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.