What you will be part of
You will be part of a total of ca. 500 colleagues of our business unit “Training & Simulation”. You will be based at our site in Slavkov u Brna, together with the colleagues who work on developing “virtual training solutions”, including simulators for all kinds of systems, from small arms to complete tank and driving simulators on motion platforms.
You will be part of a dynamic and open organization, working closely with the other departments as well as with colleagues from Sweden. You will have the possibility to travel and hone your English language skills.
A strategic purchaser is responsible for pro-actively locating and maintaining the best sources of supply for the components, materials and services a company needs. This person considers all aspects of his/her relationship with suppliers, including quality, value and the ability to respond quickly to changing supply requirements. They aim to select suppliers that can act as long-term partners and help us meet our customer requirements.
Primarily, we look for an individual with an excellent knowledge of the production / manufacturing companies around Brno, as we are planning to outsource the serial production of one of our products, which consists of mechanical and electrical components.
• Support R&D in make/buy decisions and with contacts to relevant suppliers, both for prototyping and serial production
• Pro-actively identify and qualify suitable suppliers and evaluate new potential suppliers
• Define and maintain supply strategies
• Negotiate and conclude agreements with suppliers
• Be the primary commercial point of contact for suppliers within an assigned area
• Monitor and develop supplier performance in line with established goals and requirements
• Monitor and manage supplier risks
• Evaluate the competitiveness of existing suppliers
• Establish and maintain a list of approved suppliers
Your experiences and skills
To be successful in this position, you are a pro-active and highly self-motivated person with very good cooperation and communication skills in English and Czech languages and able to share your knowledge with your colleagues. You are structured and ambitious in finding the best sources of supply for the components, materials and services. You value trust, expertise and drive.
Specifically, you should have:
• High capacity to acquire, apply and share knowledge
• Motivating and personal drive, good communicator
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to communicate added value of strategic purchasing (vs. operational purchasing)
• Good team-working ability and aptitude for building networks
• Knowledge about R&D processes and experience in collaboration with R&D
• Good knowledge about the local supplier market
• Ability to apply an overall perspective, good commercial judgement and to carry out long-term development of strategic business relationships
• Knowledge and experience in strategic procurement, purchasing, negotiations, supplier management, category management
• Knowledge about quality and environmental systems and requirements
• University degree or similar experience and knowledge
• Fluent in Czech and English languages and understanding of cultural differences
• Full-time job, starting date immediately
• Based at Slavkov u Brna (20 minutes from Brno center)
• Working in international environment§
• Active use of English language
• Appropriate salary
• 5 weeks of vacation
• Flexible working hours
• Competence development and education
• If applicable, opportunity to travel internationally
If you find this job opportunity interesting, please send your application and CV in English language to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations on every continent, we continuously work with new technology to meet our customers’ changing needs. We are about 15,000 employees and annually re-invest ca 25% of our revenues in research in development.
Last updated: 12 December 2018 • 10:46