What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a Subcontract Program Manager (SPM) to be responsible for overall cost, schedule, technical and quality performance of the subcontracted effort. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate expertise across a range of program management, process improvement, project management, and leadership skills.
Responsibilities of the SPM will include:
- Provide program management guidance for a team of SPMs to enable the Subcontract Management Teams (SMTs) to manage the subcontracted effort successfully.
- Be the primary interface between program management and subcontractors, and have responsibility for subcontractor performance success.
- Develop and manage strong subcontractor relationships to ensure the performance of their contracts and deliverables align with Saab program schedules and requirements.
- Establish risk management process with subcontractors, risk tracking, mitigation plans, Subcontract Data Requirements List (SDRL) tracking (delivery and approval), and ensure Statement of Work (SOW), data requirements, and schedules are accurate, complete, and flowed to the subcontractors.
- Be accountable for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned programs, and ensure all projects within assigned programs are executed per approved program management processes.
- Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Cultivate strong relationships with functional management to ensure resources are applied adequately to assigned program.
- Ensure early problem identification and timely resolution of issues to meet program goals and commitments.
- Facilitate consistent communication with suppliers, program managers and contracts team.
- Establish and control program budgets aligned with program needs.
- Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives internally and with Subcontractors, and use EVMS to report program status.
- Support profitable growth of the program segment by contributing to the development of competitive proposals.
- Collaborate with internal functions to leverage program execution, capture strategies and resources.
- Foster relationships in the supplier community to advance existing programs and expand the naval program portfolio.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of Engineering, Business, or related position in the Defense/Aerospace Industry.
- 5+ years of Department of Defense Subcontract Program Management experience across the program lifecycle.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and Department of Defense (DoD) programs.
- Advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices (scheduling, cost accounting, Earned Value Management (EVM), Risk/Opportunity management).
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience successfully negotiating multi-million dollar agreements with large Aerospace and Defense customers.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Must be capable of obtaining a Secret level security clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 14 November 2019 • 22:31