What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Subcontract Program Manager (SPM), responsible for overall cost, schedule, technical and quality performance of the subcontracted effort. This role will provide program management guidance and leadership for a team of procurement professionals to enable the Subcontract Management Teams (SMTs) to successfully manage the subcontracted effort. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate expertise across a range of program management, process improvement, project management, and leadership skills.
The SPM will be expected to ensure early problem identification and timely resolution of issues to meet program goals and commitments. The SPM will be responsible for establishing risk management process with subcontractors, risk tracking, mitigation plans, Subcontract Data Requirements List (SDRL) tracking (delivery and approval), along with ensuring Statement of Work (SOW), data requirements, and schedules are accurate and complete and flowed to the subcontractors. To execute on these responsibilities, you will be the primary interface between program management and subcontractors, and have responsibility for subcontractor performance success.
- Specifically accountable for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned programs.
- Establish and control program budgets that are aligned with program needs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes.
- Have the ability to Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives within the business and with Subcontractors and use EVMS to report program status.
- Develop strong relationships with Suppliers, Program Management, and Contracts, and facilitate consistent communication across the teams
- Support profitable growth of the program segment.
- Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business segment objectives.
- Collaborate with other business segments within Sensor Systems to leverage program execution and capture strategies and resources.
- Grow relationships in the supplier community to service existing programs and expand the naval portfolio.
- Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with functional management across the business to ensure that resources are applied adequately to the program
- Develop and manage strong subcontractor relationships to ensure that the performance of their contracts and deliverables align with Saab program schedules and requirements.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in business or related engineering discipline, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of Defense/Aerospace Industry Experience in Engineering, Business or related discipline.
- 5+ years Department of Defense Subcontract Program Management experience across the program lifecycle.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and Department of Defense (DoD) programs.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices (scheduling, cost accounting, earned value management systems, Risk/Opportunity management).
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience successfully negotiating multi-million dollar agreements with large Aerospace and Defense customers.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.