What you will be part of
Our commercial side of Saab, Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Saab ATM is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Subcontracts Manager in our Syracuse, NY location. This is a dynamic, multi-faceted position involving all aspects of commercial and government contracting. This position will report directly to the Manager of Contracts and will work with a diverse program team directly in support of the Air Traffic Management division.
• Acting as the main focal point to the subcontractor.
• Negotiating, awarding and administering subcontracts, purchase orders and service orders in accordance with the AMS, FAR and DFAR regulations as well as international suppliers.
• Being responsible for and direct all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make/buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, schedule adherence, and cost accountability and makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor.
• Directing and managing all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontract and is required to ensure performance and support of contract milestones.
• Conducting program reviews with the subcontractor and program office.
• Establishing milestone objectives and manage performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
• Preparing bid packages, conduct bidders conferences, analyze and evaluate proposals, flow down applicable to prime contract clauses, negotiate subcontract provisions, select or recommend subcontractors, negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
• Being responsible for such varied contractual arrangements as non-disclosures, teaming and other agreements and software license agreements.
• Reviewing prime RFPs to determine proposal requirements as they relate to suppliers and ensure a proper prime flow downs, working with the program team to develop Statements of Work and requirements, issuing and executing PIAs with subcontractors, defining procurement strategies and developing comprehensive RFP packages, attending proposal meetings, leading subcontractor data calls and visits, coordinating and completing fact finding, cost and price analysis, and negotiations.
• Leading/co-leading subcontract negotiations for optimal cost, quality, schedule and technical performance.
• Establishing and maintaining DCAA audit ready compliant files.
Saab ATM provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Your experiences and skills
• BS/BA 15+ years’ experience and a minimum 3-5 years subcontract management/administration experience on construction contracts and complex project that entail Statements of Work and Specifications.
• Experience with the following subcontract types: FFP, FPIF, T&M, Labor Hour, Cost Reimbursement, IDIQ, as well as international supplier procurements.
• Candidate must possess very strong schedule, cost, financial and contractual management skills with proven experience in managing multiple suppliers.
• Candidate must have ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment.
• The ability to multitask.
• Proven record of performance with focus on mission success, demonstrated interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Understanding of Commercial as well as DoD and FAA contracting/subcontracting requirements.
• Leadership, Root Cause and Corrective Action implementation, Risk and Opportunity Management, Earned Value Management (EVM), Critical Path Scheduling, Baseline Management.
• Strong Business Acumen as well as Negotiation experience.
• Experience with legal terms and conditions of all types including systems, IT, software licensing and professional services.
• Professional certification or advanced degree preferred (CPM, PMP, CPCM)
• Aerospace industry experience preferred, but not required
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.