What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is in search of a motivated, enthusiastic student interested in putting his/her studies into practice as an IT Support Specialist Co-Op/ Intern for Summer 2017 in our Syracuse, NY office.
- Perform installation, repair and troubleshooting-related tasks for Windows 10 desktops, laptops and peripherals
- Perform user-requested Moves/Upgrades/Replacements on an ad-hoc basis
- Diagnose hardware-related problems using various skills and test procedures
- Create and maintain documentation and inventory records of all tracked hardware in CA and Microsoft service manager platforms
- Accurately track all activities using service management software
- Support Microsoft Lyn/Skype For Business IP phone and Unified Messaging voice mail system, including handsets, headsets and client software.
- Set up, troubleshoot and configure conference room hardware (Lync\Polycom phones, computers, projectors, PA systems)
- Utilize operating system imaging via Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager for all desktops/laptops
- Post-imaging, confirm and test operating system updates and standard suite of applications to each new computer
- Ensure returned computers are imaged before redeployment to retain critical data
- Secure manager approvals for user requests for software or folder access
- Install software on an ad-hoc basis, both when replacing hardware and in response to user service requests
- Track software installations to ensure compliance with licensing tools
- Perform anti-virus checks and scans as needed
- Troubleshoot and repair a vast array of software-related problems, use company escalation procedures when needed.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, majoring in Information Technology or related discipline
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must have completed Sophomore year or greater at time of hire
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required
- Basic Network knowledge (TCP/IP, routing, VPN) a plus
- Excellent Organizational skills
- General knowledge and experience with configuring/troubleshooting Windows-based computers in a business environment with Active Directory
- Excellent customer service skills and follow-up
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16