What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Build your resume and enhance your marketability with real-work, hands-on engineering experience!
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a motivated Integration and Test Engineer Co-Op for Summer 2019 to support both hardware and software testing of advanced radar subsystems.
Under the guidance of Integration and Test Engineers, responsibilities will include:
- Execute formal testing of radar related hardware
- Support integration activities, troubleshooting and regression testing
- Generate test tools and scripts using LabView
- Perform test related tasks such as identifying and documenting anomalies, contributing to anomaly investigations and generating test reports
- Use Matlab for test execution and data analysis
- Setup of test environment using test related equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators and power meters
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in electrical, software or computer engineering or Physics program that has a focus on Mathematics or Analytics
- Must have completed Sophomore year or greater at time of hire
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 30 November 2018 • 22:31