What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Build your resume experience and enhance your marketability with real-work, hands-on practice through a Co-Op/Intern opportunity!
Saab Sensis is seeking motivated, enthusiastic engineering students who are interested in a Summer 2019 (May - August) Co-op/Intern opportunity at our Collamer location in East Syracuse, NY.
As part of the Automation and Surveillance group, you would be working with our System Engineers to add new capabilities to our civil air traffic automation and surveillance systems.
Your skills and experience
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in Software, Electrical or Systems Engineering, or Math
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Completion of at least freshman year
- Ability to write software in C, C++, Matlab, Java and/or Visual Basic
- Experience with Linux
- Comfortable performing hands-on tasks in a laboratory environment
- Ability to work with others who have varying backgrounds and skills
Desired Skills and Interests
- Experience working with electronics, firmware and embedded software
- Knowledge of SysML or UML
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in civil aviation
- Interest in software, electronics and networking technology
In order to apply, please submit the following:
Resume Including: coursework completed, descriptions of projects/labs, extracurricular activities, work & co-op experiences & responsibilities, contact information (school and home including dates available at each residence), current G.P.A. and availability dates of co-op/internship.
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in phone and/or on-site interviews.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work/life balance, flexible work hours, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, 401(k), and a fitness facility.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.