What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Within the Air Traffic Management unit, the Automation & Surveillance (A&S) business segment develops civil aviation surveillance solutions and delivers these solutions around the world. Our cutting-edge technologies help make air travel safer and more efficient for air travelers across the globe.
Saab is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic student interested in applying his/her studies into practice as a System Engineering co-op/intern helping us design, integrate, test, and deploy these systems as part of our Automation and Surveillance Team.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities may include:
- Designing and analyzing distributed sensor systems to meet customer requirements for coverage and performance.
- Developing, documenting, and executing test approaches and procedures for hardware, software, and system level testing.
- Conducting and supporting system integration.
- Assisting in hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings.
Your skills and experience
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in engineering, physics, or computer science.
- Completion of Sophomore year or greater
- Computer programming in a high-level language such as Matlab, C/C++, Java, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
- Familiarity with data networks is a plus.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Have the ability to learn quickly through instruction, self-study, and practical application.
- Have strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive, organized, flexible, and thorough.
- Practice clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication.
Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in phone and/or on-site interviews.
Paid assignment, casual work attire, paid holidays, flexible work hours, 401(k), fitness facility
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 23 March 2020 • 14:31