What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Within the Air Traffic Management (ATM) unit, the US business segment develops, deploys and integrates aviation surveillance solutions for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Airport Authorities and Airline Operators within the US. Our cutting-edge technologies help make air travel safer and more efficient for air travelers across the globe.
Saab ATM is in search of motivated, enthusiastic Engineering student(s) who would be interested in putting their studies into practice as a Systems Engineer Co-op/Intern to learn and assist us in developing solutions, integrating systems and testing capabilities at our Syracuse, NY location.
• Contribute to a team of experienced, skilled technical professionals analyzing complex algorithms in a real world environment and collaborate with team members to characterize system behavior, and solve problems uncovered along the way.
• Analysis of system technical performance measures (TPM) and functionality for air traffic surveillance and automation systems
• Tool development for TPM analysis, trend analysis, and managing large data sets
• Evaluation of detection, estimation, and optimization algorithms
• Verification of performance and functional requirements and tools validation
Your experiences and skills
• Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in engineering, computer science, or mathematics
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
• US Citizenship Status
• Must have completed Sophomore year or greater
• Computer programming in a high-level language such as Matlab, C/C++, Java, etc.
• Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
• Familiarity with shell scripting, python, java script, etc.
• Familiarity with data networks is a plus.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
• Have the ability to learn quickly through instruction, self-study, and practical application.
• Have strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Be self-motivated, inquisitive, organized, flexible, and thorough.
• Practice clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication.
• Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in phone and/or on-site interviews.
Paid assignment, casual work attire, paid holidays, flexible work hours, 401(k), fitness facility
Must be a U.S. citizen.