The role is a combined role that will handle operative procurement and Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) for material to our composite (carbon/glass fiber) component production in Malmslätt, Linköping. The Malmslätt plant was purchased by Saab in 2018 and was earlier a separate company named GKN Applied Composites AB.
You will purchase and register order of raw material and components (mostly mechanics) based on contracts with suppliers and production planning. and monitor that the orders are delivered in correct time and with the right quantity.
Your responsibilties will include;
- Assuring the quality of purchased parts, materials and sub systems within mechanics, mostly metal parts.
- Assuring that the SAAB purchase strategy, purchase policy and procedures are fulfilled.
- Taking responsibility for the quality requirements within requirement for quotations (RFQ), agreements and purchase orders.
- Participating in the purchase preparation process.
- Performing audits of suppliers and product releases at supplier locations.
- Monitoring the supplier quality performance and take actions for the suppliers that do not meet the targets.
- Creating and maintaining control plans and scopes.
- Handling claims for non-conforming materials and assure the supplier corrective actions.
Suppliers are situated all over the world with the majority in Europe. We are looking for you who has a passion for making improvements, taking lead in supplier improvement programs and co-operating with quality, purchasing and production functions within the organization.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
You have a university degree preferable within mechanical engineering, purchasing or quality management, or a comparable competence based on experience. You have a passion for quality within technics and engineering. With your holistic understanding of the supply chain assure the supply of parts both from the procurement and the quality perspective by making analysis for cause, capability and risks. It is preferable to have a documented training in Quality auditing, but it is not a demand.
You are a structured person with an analytical mindset. Swedish and english both spoken and written is required for this role. This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act. Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
We are looking forward to hear from you!
What you will be a part of
Dynamics, a business area of Saab, offers ground combat weapons, missile systems, torpedoes, sensor systems, unmanned underwater vehicles, signature management systems and training systems for armed forces as well as remotely operated vehicles and security systems for the offshore industry and nuclear power plants.
Procurement Quality is a department within the procurement organization of SAAB Dynamics. The department is located in Karlskoga and Linköping. We are currently 17 employees handling wide fields of technology including mechanical (metallical and non-metallical), electronics, systems, propulsion and payload.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.