Be a part of the global commercial aerospace industry, working with supply chain quality at Saab Aerostructures in Linköping. We supply customers like Airbus and Boeing with wing structures, movables and doors.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for quality assurance of suppliers and purchased products. The role includes planning, implementation and monitoring of quality related activities in order to maintain or improve the suppliers’ quality performance
The main tasks in bullet form:
· Develop and/or maintain the suppliers quality performance
· Secure compliance to quality requirements throughout the supply chain
· Corrective actions management
· Be a part of supplier teams at Saab, working together with other supplier management roles
· Continuously analyze, identify and initiate improvements to part design, industrial setup, internal work processes and supplier relation management
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Brief summary of the profile that we are looking for.
What we are looking for is someone with a high level of relevant education and/or experience from a very similar occupation. The big variety of procured parts calls for someone that has no problem of learning and understanding new manufacturing techniques, new products and new customer requirements/expectations. Multiple interfaces, both internal and external, should feel exiting for someone applying for this position. International travels occur with medium frequency.
Required skills (in bullet form):
· Master degree or minimum five years of relevant experience (supplier quality)
· Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
· Experience in using quality technology tools for problem solving (six sigma etc)
· Experience in reading design data i.e. drawings, models etc
Desired skills (in bullet form):
· Experience from commercial aerospace
· Experience in working with suppliers
· Mechanical engineering background with focus on quality and manufacturing techniques
· Certified Black Belt
· Manage supplier relationship across cultures, i.e. India, US/Canada, Europe, UAE etc
· Experience in First Article Inspection review
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. The team you will join consists primarily of quality engineers but in close cooperation with the procurement organization. Supplier quality is a part of the quality organization and you will be reporting to Head of Quality. Example of main deliverables are Boeing 787 Large Cargo Doors, Airbus A321 Ower Wing Exit Doors and Airbus A350 Flap Support Structure. The Business Unit Aerostructures is part of the Business Area Industrial Product and Services.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.