The Program Department within Business Unit Missile Systems will feature Support Managers with main focus on our Anti Ship Missile System. The context is an international arena with close cooperation with international customers and partners in our products.
The Support Manager is a new role within our department where the need has been identified in current and future contracts where the role has been developed and established by our Program Managers and Product Managers.
Hence, our joint efforts is done in a team context primarily together with above mentioned roles but also in close cooperation with Operations in terms of Development, Purchasing and Production.
The work is supposed to support several processes in our Global Management System (GMS); Winning Business (WB, HOW-0004), Execute Business (EB, HOW-0005) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLCM, HOW-0020). Identified tasks are several but to mention a few:
· Review of product documentation in the phase where we transition from a contractual delivery phase into a support phase.
· Ad hoc activities associated with winning business activities where aspects associated with operations may require deeper investigations
· Aspects associated with support to Program Managers in order to manage contractual obligations in our delivery contracts
· To define and package a cost estimate or other work scope for Operations in the WB or EB phase.
· To enable us to take further steps in our effort to develop our support contribution and our interaction with our customers in the aftermarket phase.
· Support to Product Managers in the PLCM process or other tasks where the Product Manager typically engage in the WB or EB phase.
We think that you have well developed technical skills associated with our Anti Ship Missile System and/or experience from providing support to military customers in the naval domain. Since you will be interacting with several roles/disciplines within Saab Dynamicas as well as our customers we assume that you have an interest to build, maintain and develop relations in general. Initiative and drive are also important properties in your character since you will be forming the Support Manager role with close support by the Program Mangers.
Other required skills:
· Very good communication skills in English, verbal and written
· Bachelor or Master degree in relevant College education, technical, legal or financial
· Driving licence including ability and will to travel both national and international travels, predominantly within Europe.
· Swedish citizenship since the role may include national defence secrecy
· International experience from defence industry in similar role
· Experience in translating need or requirements to activities or functions
· Experience of the products in the Business Unit Missile Systems portfolio.
What you will be a part of
You will work with experienced professionals in an environment that depends on the necessity of close cooperation between several roles, functions and partners.
You will be part of the Program department within Business Unit Missiles Systems which currently feature; Program Managers and Quality Managers located both in Linköping and Karlskoga. This new role will predominantly have a footprint in Linköping.
Close cooperation with Marketing & Sales as well as Commercial & Business Support, both functions also part of Business Unit Missile Systems, is also applicable. Business Unit Missile Systems is one of five Business Units within the Business Area Dynamics.
We put great emphasis in trust, transparency and collaboration and have a strong belief that a sound culture is the foundation in creating high performing teams. It is assumed that you share these thoughts and that you will contribute to our work environment accordingly.
You can send your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.