What you will be a part of
Support and Services, a business area of Saab, supplies a wide range of services and integrated support solutions to customers in defence and on commercial markets for cost-efficient support of systems and platforms throughout their life cycle.
The business unit Gripen Support focuses on support of the Gripen system. We are now strengthening our departments Test Equipment and Maintenance Production with a number of employees.
The Maintenance Production department is our overall expertise in maintenance, repair and manufacturing. The engineering group in Maintenance Production in Arboga consists of 20 employees today who provide technical services primarily to maintenance workshops, but also to customers and other Saab entities. Our maintenance work covers civilian and military avionics, radio, radar and support systems.
The Test Equipment department designs, manufactures and supports test equipment for maintenance of the electronics in the Gripen platform. We also provide support and service to Airborne Early Warning and Telecoms together with other Saab entities.
The two departments work closely together to develop and ensure the maintenance capacity of electronic devices primarily to Gripen, but also to other platforms. This creates opportunities for varying tasks as well as personal development.
We are looking for engineers for:
- Maintenance Engineer for Workshop Support
- Systems engineer for support and development of test systems
These roles can include work tasks such as these but can be adapted to suit :
- Development of our test systems and support for these, including both hardware and software.
- Development and support for maintenance resources for specific avionics devices.
- Technical support to customers, end users and other Saab entities.
- Work in projects that can include parts such as financial follow-up, purchasing support or project management.
- Documentation of work performed to comply with regulatory requirements which also includes work in our MPS system.
- Support for a workshop at troubleshooting or complex moments as well as improvement.
Your skills and experience
You have a good ability to carry through your own and others ideas for improvements in the maintenance business. You have a college or civil engineering degree in electronics / flight / transport or equivalent work experience, as well as a great interest in technology. In addition, any experience from working with technical development in project form is considered meritorious.
In order for you to achieve good results, you should act commercially and professionally when in contact with both customers and suppliers. You have excellent skills in Swedish and English both oral and in Writing.The work also requires a B driver license as service missions are included.
The job includes access to classified information and all selected candidates must undergo a security clearance performed by government authorities prior to employment.
We welcome applications in both English and Swedish
Last updated: 07 December 2018 • 13:46