What you will be a part of
Do you share our passion and commitment to create a safe and sustainable future?
Avionics Systems develops and manufactures qualified electronics, mechanics and software for demanding applications in aircraft and helicopters. Many of these products are developed in collaboration with other parts of Saab or external partners. Most of our projects are carried out in an international environment and we supply products for two of the world’s largest aircraft manufacturers, Airbus and Boeing.Product area Integrated Avionics develops, produces, maintains and supports the products over the complete life cycle.
Our customer offer is improved Situational Awareness through our system concept AVAS (Advanced Vision & Awareness System) and our products:
- Integrated Modular Avionic Platforms
- Enhanced & Synthetic Vision Systems for all weather operations
- Safety and Awareness Systems
- Head Up Display Systems
- Communication Management Systems
Customers include international aircraft manufacturers and their tier 1 suppliers and partners. Our growth ambitions in system technologies enhances the importance of skilled system engineers, interested to understand market drivers, its legislations and how these are adapted into great products and by that supporting our customer concept offer in Advanced Vision and Awareness Systems.
You will be an important and vital part of the Functions and System unit containing 20 skilled engineers of several diverse competencies located in Huskvarna, Linköping and Järfälla.
Passion, accountability and high work moral to support the business is highly valued for us why your personality, how we can find your unique set of gifts, attributes and expectations into the team is important, hence your personal development will be supported and promoted to acquire skillset needed in the position.
As a System Engineer, you proactively strive to increase our Aviation Industry domain knowledge regarding aircraft
system and system integration (System of system, Operation concept and Design of subsystem). You contribute in the creation of product roadmaps primarily by collecting and reviewing competitor analysis to understand market trends, systems on the market and its Technologies.
You are utilizing your full potential and knowledge regarding customers and identifies customer needs, propose customer systems solutions, and provide customer estimates together with Market and Sales. You are motivated by system thinking, inspired by concept and clean sheet designs, IP and innovations. Constantly looking ahead, to push boundaries for what is considered technically possible in the field of Advanced Vision and Awareness Systems.
You have an open attitude and encourages by many interfaces in your daily work, possess a natural gift of presentations and mentoring. As a true team player you create, foster and spread vital domain knowledge within and outside the unit.
As a System Engineer you will be executing and /or be a driver for:
- Systems design activities
- Requirements definition and maintenance
- Defining technical solutions bases on customer requiments
- Bid Support and calculations as support to marketing and sales
- Technical interface towards our customers
- Verification and integration activities on system level
Your skills and experience
- Ability to extract systems requirements from operational requirements.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and develop system-level architectures and integration &
test strategies to ensure these requirements are satisfied.
- Ability to generate high-quality technical documentation, including architecture documents, test plans and
procedures, reports, and white papers.
- Analysing subsystem requirements and developing integration and verification strategies for these
- Experience of concept work.
- Experience of customer interactions.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Drive to take ownership of and responsibility for major tasks and programs.
- Demonstrated personal time management, planning, and organizing skills.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing.
- Experience with hardware description languages.
- Experience of certification of airborne systems.
- Experience of IBM RATIONAL DOORS.
- Holder of Private Pilot License or Commercial Pilot License• Technical project planning skills (including providing cost and schedule estimates).
Location for this position can be Huskvarna, Linköping or Järfälla.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).