What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
The System Engineer (Combat) is responsible for developing and progressing assigned engineering change proposals through the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA), Engineering Change Management process. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the Project Engineer for allocated combat related engineering changes; these engineering changes could include scope affecting communications, simulation and/or shore facilities.
- Develop, review and progress ANZAC engineering project documentation (i.e. Scoping Documents/PIPs).
- Co-ordinate internal reviews of engineering artefacts; and actively participate in design reviews and technical workshops.
- Provide technical advice within delegation on engineering activities affecting ANZAC Combat Systems.
- Review and report on technical, cost and schedule performance of contracted tasks and re-baseline tasks as required.
- Identification of availability periods for installation of engineering change projects.
- Visits to ships and shore facilities as part of project scoping and monitoring of project implementation, including attendance as a witness for engineering change testing.
Please contact Danielle Hudson for a copy of the full position description.
Your skills and experience
- Experience with ADF combat systems or communications systems.
- Significant experience in applying Systems Engineering processes.
- A strong understanding of the Australian Defence environment, Commonwealth processes and the Australian Defence industry environment; including project management and commercial processes.
- Knowledge/Experience with the following systems: Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements Systems (DOORS), Microsoft Office suite, Objective or a similar records management system.
- Experience in the RAN Seaworthiness regime, or in the ex-NTRF system, sufficient to attain a Level 4 Engineering Delegation.
- Tertiary qualifications in a field of Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Systems Engineering to Degree level; or Tertiary qualifications at Certificate IV or above will be considered along with relevant on-job experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management, and building and maintaining effective working relationships.
Applications close 22 November 2018
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 08 November 2018 • 07:31