What you will be a part of
Air traffic management (ATM) is a unit within Saab that develops world-class air traffic control products. These systems streamline the air traffic control for small private airports all the way to global hubs. Saab ATM continues to be a world leader in air traffic control by continually developing innovative products, such as the integrated air traffic control suite (I-ATS), which digitally upgrades and consolidates air traffic control towers, or the Remote Tower system, which allows airports to be remotely controlled. Our solutions manage thousands of incoming and outgoing flights all over the world. As such, accessibility and safety is of the highest priority.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced engineers in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. We are now looking for a system engineer to join our team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
You will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the I-ATS product. In particular, the team focuses its efforts on the sub-system managing the flow of flight plans, e-Strip. You will act as a technical lead involved in the entire project life cycle from initiation to commissioning, collaborating with different stakeholders: project managers, developers, suppliers, customers, and end-users. Additionally, the role presents the opportunity to travel internationally a few days per month.
At work, you will:
- Develop and maintain a profound knowledge of our systems
- Be responsible for technical customer solutions
- Analyze customer and market needs
- Define project specific system requirements
- Integrate and verify project specific system requirements
- Configure systems
- Identify and prioritize tasks
- Work team-based
- Support integration and testing of systems on site
Your skills and experience
- You hold at least a Bachelor degree in a technical field
- Product development and product lifecycle
- Linux or UNIX operating systems
- Background or interest in aviation
Links to read more about our Products:
The position entails working with classified information. Therefore, you are required to participate in and pass a security test conducted by authority.
Last updated: 05 November 2018 • 12:01