What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Systems Engineer to support the development and deployment of integrated air traffic control tower systems as an adaptation specialist. Saab’s integrated tower solution modernizes the air traffic control tower cab by providing an all-in-one system for the display of electronic flight plans, airport and airspace traffic, and airport operations data. Adaptation specialists support all aspects of the fielding of integrated tower systems, including design, implementation, integration and testing. This position offers opportunities to travel internationally, acquire a diverse range of practical engineering experience, and collaborate with customers and colleagues around the world.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The technical background to learn the theory of operation, design, and configuration processes for air traffic management systems.
- The ability to understand customer requirements and develop system-level architectures and integration & test strategies to ensure these requirements are satisfied.
- The ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- An interest in international travel and the ability to work with technical counterparts from different countries and cultures around the world.
Your skills and experience
- Computer programming in a high-level language such as Matlab, C/C++, Java etc.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with data networks is a plus
- A background in aviation or air traffic management is a plus
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, or computer science from an accredited institution; or
- Relevant military education & training
- 3+ years experience in an engineering field
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 14 February 2018 • 21:31