What you will be a part of
Within the business area Industrial Products and Services, we provide a wide range of solutions and services, including aerostructures, avionics systems, consultancy, and traffic management.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM:
- Air Traffic Management (ATM), provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
- Maritime Traffic Management (MTM), delivers an integrated suite of solutions for waterway authorities, port and terminal operators, ship owners and the off-shore industry.
- Public Safety focuses on delivering control room solutions for defense, critical infrastructure, public safety and enterprise organizations world-wide.
For these solutions we integrate our own system products with third party products. At any given moment, Saab's solutions contribute to handling over a quarter of all air traffic and over a quarter of all commercial shipping around the world.
TM is a diverse and capable team of 700 employees spread over three continents, of which approximately 100 work in the office in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. At that office we have an important part of the teams that serve the aviation and maritime market.
We currently have an opening for International System Engineer, ATM.
We are searching for an International System Engineer who is capable of quickly becoming proficient in the application of our operational systems. You will be involved in proposal, system design, system integration and testing, acceptance and warranty phases for system engineering aspects. For your role, you will be traveling for 30% of your time.
You are responsible for:
- Requirement analysis, mapping customer requirements to system solutions based on Saab Integrated Air Traffic Control Suite product;
- Design customer specific solutions and coordination with software development;
- Develop external interface specifications, system design documents, safety case documents and acceptance test documents;
- System configuration, integration and testing in factory and on site;
- Factory and site acceptance testing;
- Technical solutions during warranty and support of the delivered system;
- Cooperation with system engineers from other Saab ATM sites in USA and Sweden;
- Effectively contribute to the realization of projects worldwide;
- Perform activities based on applicable policies, guidelines, cost awareness, rules and procedure (incl. those related to health and safety, quality and environment).
- Contribute to the realization of proposals and quotations for international customers;
- Advise on the development of Saab products, process improvements and technical capabilities in commercial projects;
Your skills and experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject or relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge in Dutch and English, both verbally and written;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Understanding the Aviation/Air Traffic Management market;
- Knowledge of Linux including ‘vi’ and software engineering;
- Knowledge of network and security;
- Traveling is required;
- Working abroad;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa / citizenship in the Netherlands.
Last updated: 24 July 2018 • 12:56