As a System Safety Engineer you will be involved throughout the life cycle of complex technical systems.
An important part of the role is to understand the customer’s requirements and ensure that the product’s design makes it safe to use. You need to be able to plan and lead the work, create an understanding of the system as a whole while having the ability to understand technical details on a lower level.
You will also be actively involved in developing the methodology and work procedures in order to meet future requirements for developing safe products.
- Plan and lead the system safety work within our new development projects or in projects where one of our existing products is being updated
- Take part in the work of developing safety related requirements for a system
- Conduct analyzes on technical designs to ensure that the system does not cause intentional injury/damage to a person, property or the external environment.
- Collaborate with developers within mechanics and electronics, test engineers, production personnel and purchasers, to ensure that all safety-related requirements are addressed
- Interact with sub-suppliers and customers, internal and external, on safety related issues
- Analyze technical designs and test procedures prior to live firings
- Create and maintain safety related documentation for our various products
- Recommend best practices and participate in improving our processes
We believe that you are an open and outgoing person who can easily cooperate in both small and large projects. You have an interest in our products and the ability to form a good understanding of the needs and expectations of our customers. Since you will be planning your own work and sometimes even the work of others, you are service-minded and able to see things from a wider perspective. You have very good analytical skills and you are structured and precise.
- Post-secondary education in technology,
- Interest in technology,
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written,
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow processes and standards,
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities,
- Familiarity with standard safety tools such as hazard analysis, cause and effect diagrams, FMEA,
- Capacity to take a stand when necessary for safety.
- Experience in using Windchill Quality Solutions
- Experience in working according to MIL-STD-882 or similar standards
- Experience in working with personal safety related issues
What you will be a part of
Dynamics, a business area within the Saab concern, offers support weapons, missiles, torpedoes, unmanned underwater vehicles and camouflage systems to the defense market.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ads expiration date. If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward you application as soon as possible.
We welcome your application in both English and Swedish.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging setting, Saab may well have the conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Read more about us here
Last updated: 19 June 2019 • 15:16