What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
The Systems Design Engineer sits within the Development Group System Design Team, performing activities which contribute to the delivery of Combat Management System (CMS) solutions to various RAN and international projects. Systems Design are responsible for the functional design and delivery of the required 9LV CMS solution for each particular project's Combat System / Mission System.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performing Combat Management System level analysis and design cognisant of the overall systems functionality
- Contributing to, adapting and adopting as applicable the 9LV architectural design principles to maintain the ongoing scalability and reuse of the 9LV product
- Leading the development of system tests and analyses to verify system requirements
- Providing design assurance of the products developed by the software and hardware teams, ensuring the engineering outputs meet any specified regulatory technical requirements
- Providing support to any associated support solutions as it applies to the sustainment of the CMS
- Conducting and/or participating in mandatory design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR) with external stakeholders
- Specifying and managing change to the engineering baselines for assigned capability/system/product
Your skills and experience
- Solid experience in the development of large, real time, military Command and Control (C2) systems or Combat Management System (CMS) systems, or non-Defence equivalent
- Tertiary qualifications in systems/software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Experience in the full systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation and an understanding of engineering in a Defence Regulatory environment (or equivalent)
- Experience in effective internal and external customer liaison
- Experience with the products, development environment and the tools used to develop and support software intensive systems
- Ability to maintain and retain an NV1 Security Clearance
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 29 April 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 15 April 2019 • 05:47