After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of Saab Australia’s Land group, the Systems Engineer – Communications, will conduct pre-sales systems architecture, produce detailed designs (including the identification and specification of lower-level products) and be accountable for the systems level integrity of developed solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Applying system level design to ensure technical integrity, cost and schedule is maintained in lower-level products
- Supporting the preparation of bids including development of the initial design architecture, work breakdown structures, level of effort and cost estimates
- Identifying and developing requirements for systems, sub-systems and product components
- Conducting detailed trade studies, including the forecast and comparison of the performance of design alternatives and customer generated changes
- Preparing detailed architecture descriptions of systems under design, including the identification and characterisation of the major architectural components
- Assuring that the system solution complies with relevant regulatory and technical standards (e.g. product safety, human factors, environmental, etc.)
- Preparing briefing material to support system reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR etc)
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Tertiary engineering qualifications in a relevant discipline i.e. communications, electrical/electronics, mechatronic
- Extensive industry experience in the application of systems engineering methodologies to the development and delivery of complex systems
- Demonstrated experience in the full systems engineering lifecycle and managing requirements in DOORS and/or Cradle
- Experience operating within a Defence Regulatory or equivalent environment (e.g. TRAMM-L, aerospace, transport, infrastructure)
- Demonstrated competency in communication design and the ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings diagrams, specifications and standards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 5 January 2020. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description. Please note that due to company Xmas shutdown, applicants will be reviewed from 6 January onwards.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.