What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
The Land Systems Engineer supports the Site Engineering Manager for the establishment of the detailed design of the system, including the identification and specification of the lower-level products. The role will apply systems engineering methods to ensure the technical integrity of the developed solutions.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Apply system level design to ensure technical integrity, cost and schedule are maintained across the Saab Land Systems product suite
- Identify and develop requirements for systems, sub-systems and product components
- Conduct detailed trade studies, including the forecast and comparison of the performance of design alternatives and customer generated changes
- Prepare detailed architecture description of the system, including the identification and characterization of the major architectural components
- Assure that the system solution complies with relevant standards (e.g. product safety, human factors, environmental, regulatory etc.)
- Prepare material to support mandatory system reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR etc)
Your skills and experience
- Relevant engineering degree in one of the following disciplines: mechatronics, electrical / electronics, systems or mechanical
- Extensive postgraduate experience in the development of complex systems
- Proven ability to produce and review technical documentation within a Defence regulatory framework
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the full systems engineering lifecycle in a Defence context (or equivalent)
- Experience managing requirements in DOORS
- Experience writing and running Acceptance Tests in a Military environment (or equivalent)
- Design and drafting experience using tools such as Visio, AutoCAD and Solidworks
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 1 May 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 17 April 2019 • 03:32