What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation, Air Traffic Management business unit, is seeking a motivated Systems Engineer interested in developing state-of-the-art Air Traffic Surveillance and Air Traffic Management systems. Systems Engineers interpret customer and market input, define system and subsystem requirements, define the system functional architecture and key algorithms, support integration and test, and support other engineers deploying these systems in the field. The systems are constructed from electronics, software and firmware and incorporate a wide range of technologies including human interface design, multilateration, radar, ADS-B, GPS, IP networking, tracking and fusion. Most of our products run on Linux.
The successful candidate will collaborate with and eventually lead engineers from other disciplines. Good interpersonal and communications skills are essential in this role.
Saab Sensis Corporation provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Your skills and experience
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer, software, electrical or systems engineering from an accredited institution. Advanced degrees will be considered. Your cover letter or resume must include a GPA for each degree earned.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Educational or industrial experience designing systems with software, firmware and/or electronics.
- A solid record of meeting technical and project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A passion for computer based technology.
- 3+ years of post-baccalaureate experience.
- Requirements Management, especially in DOORS
- Algorithm development and system architecture development
- Safety-critical system development, especially DO-178/278 or ED-109/153 or experience in another heavily regulated industry (e.g. medical equipment)
- IP Networking
- SysML or UML, use case driven design
- Software development or system administration in a Linux environment
- Server virtualization
- Ability to read, write and converse in French
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.