What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
The CDM & Efficiency System Engineer (Service Delivery Engineer) will encompass all aspects of planning, deploying and managing Aerobahn Production and Shadow installations and configurations. Frequent interaction with Saab Sensis program management as well as with Aerobahn customers will be required. You will have the opportunity to directly interact with the end user customers and see how they use our tools to manage the airport surface at airports across the country and around the world. The ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally is of key importance. Further he or she will work with the systems engineering team for new contract captures and program execution. This will include contributions to system requirements definition, capturing customer requirements, and architecture definition.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acts as the direct technical contact for our customers for any second-level support issues.
- Acts as a Customer Advocate, bringing customer issues to the full development team.
- System requirements definition
- Airport surface map generation and updates
- On-Site customer training and site specific system customization
- Contribution to system/software integration of all software releases
- Aerobahn site-specific analysis, custom report generation and requirements definition
- System design, integration, and deployment
- Troubleshooting and resolution of system faults and Customer Problem Reports (CPRs)
- Configuration Management of site specific software and system configuration
- Deployment of new software releases
· After hours support coverage (on-call via cell phone at least part time)
Your skills and experience
· Bachelors degree in an engineering, computer science, or technical field
- 3+ years of relevant experience Required Skills: Candidate Must be:
- Detail Oriented
Candidate Must possess:
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity of database structures (SQL)
- Ability to synthesize customer requirements and create innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Working knowledge of networking theory and operation, including local and wide-area networking
- Experience with integration and/or system test Desired Skills: Experience with:
- Source Control (Subversion)
- Issue Management (JIRA)
- Familiarity with a high-level programming language (Java, C++, etc.)
- Linux System Administration
- Virtualized Environments (VMWare, AWS)
Travel Requirements: Domestic and some international travel is required
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.