What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
The System Engineer (Site Engineer) will encompass all aspects of planning, deploying and managing Aerobahn Production and Shadow installations and configurations. Frequent interaction with Saab Sensis program management as well as with Aerobahn customers will be required.
You will have the opportunity to directly interact with the end user customers and see how they use our tools to manage the airport surface at airports across the country and around the world.
The ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally is of key importance. Further he or she will work with the systems engineering team for new contract captures and program execution. This will include contributions to system requirements definition, capturing customer requirements, and architecture definition.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acts as the direct technical contact for our customers for any second-level support issues.
- Acts as a Customer Advocate, bringing customer issues to the full development team.
- System requirements definition
- Airport surface map generation and updates
- On-Site customer training and site specific system customization
- Contribution to system/software integration of all software releases
- Aerobahn site-specific analysis, custom report generation and requirements definition
- System design, integration, and deployment
- Troubleshooting and resolution of system faults and Customer Problem Reports (CPRs)
- Configuration Management of site specific software and system configuration
- Deployment of new software releases
- After hours support coverage (on-call via cell phone at least part time)
At Saab ATM you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save lives. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers to ensure that products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class engineers in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration, and support at all levels.
Saab ATM, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelors degree in an engineering, computer science, or technical field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Candidate Must be:
- Detail Oriented
Candidate Must possess:
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity of database structures (SQL)
- Ability to synthesize customer requirements and create innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Working knowledge of networking theory and operation, including local and wide-area networking
- Experience with integration and/or system test
- Source Control (Subversion)
- Issue Management (JIRA)
- Familiarity with a high-level programming language (Java, C++, etc.)
- Linux System Administration
- Virtualized Environments (VMWare, AWS)
Travel Requirements: Domestic and some international travel is required
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.