What you will be a part of
Saab provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems, and traffic management systems.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM: Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation; Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions. Public Safety and Security (PSS) which is the world leading solution provider for mission critical integrated operations. In the Operations department of Saab Technologies, all solutions to functional challenges are defined, designed, implemented, integrated and tested.
The Operations department consists of an enthusiastic team of systems engineers, software engineers, product managers and support engineers, organized in Scrum development teams. The final products of Saab are applied in various projects globally, in the area of Vessel Traffic Services, Offshore Platform Protection and Coastal Surveillance systems.
We currently looking for technical, enthusiastic and innovative Systems Engineer MTM.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the system architecture of the solution we deliver to the customer. Our solution is often a complex system involving various technical subsystems from suppliers like radars, VHF communication, network infrastructure, meteorological sensors, radio direction finders, workstations and servers. The Systems Engineer develops and maintains the system architecture, performs requirements analysis and allocations, develops specifications, solves technical problems, manage interfaces, performs system analysis and works with interdisciplinary teams to perform these functions. Besides making the architecture, he supports development, integration, verification and validation. The Systems Engineer is expected to contribute to a broad spectrum of activities including supporting customer technical meetings, proposal development, contract execution, life-cycle support and ongoing product development. For your role, you will be traveling for up to 20% of your time.
You are responsible to:
- Analyze the system requirements
- Design the system architecture
- Become technical expert of one or more technical subsystems we deliver as part of our solution
- Provide technical input for make/buy decisions
- Provide technical support and requirements input to software development
Your skills and experience
- Higher degree in engineering;
- Experience in systems engineering;
- Knowledge of or experience with relevant technical subsystems;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Communicate (writing) fluently Dutch and English;
- Understanding the Shipping/Vessel Traffic Management market is a plus;
- Basic knowledge of Linux, software engineering, and data networks;
- Travel of up to 20% is required.