What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing Combat Management System (CMS) system level analysis and design cognisant of the overall systems functionality
- Contributing to, adapting and adopting the 9LV architectural design principles in order to maintain the ongoing the scalability and reuse of the 9LV product
- Leading the development of system tests and analyses to verify system requirements
- Conducting and/or participating in mandatory design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR) with external stakeholders
- Providing design assurance to ensure that the development of software and hardware within the Development Group is in accordance with the system design
Please contact Daniela Flamminio for a copy of the full position description.
Your skills and experience
- Solid experience in the development of large, real time, military Command and Control (C2) systems or Combat Management System (CMS) systems, or non-Defence equivalent.
- Tertiary qualifications in systems/software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline.
- Experience in the full systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience or an understanding of engineering in a Defence Regulatory environment, or equivalent
- Experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Experience with the products, development environment and the tools used to develop and support the software intensive systems.
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 27 April 2018.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16