What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Business Unit Electronic Warfare (EW) provides world-class solutions such as Radar Warning Receivers, Jammers, Counter Measure Dispensing Systems and Electronic intelligence systems.
We are now looking for a skilled and encouraging leader to head up our Systems Engineering section titled Tactics & Technologies.
Tactics & Technologies unit is a section within the Systems Design Department, which provides system engineers to the projects.
The group you will be responsible for consists of 18 highly skilled Systems engineers responsible for
- analyzing stakeholder needs
- Superior customer knowledge and tactics
- Domain knowledge within ECM/ESM/RWR/ELINT
- performing top level system design
- Systems Engineering
We are looking for a manager with excellent leadership skills, experience with customer interaction and the ability to empower employees. As a manager, you will demonstrate communicative leadership skills in order to create commitment and energy within the organization.
An important part of the job is to expand the customer user knowledge, strategies and find effective ways of working within Systems Engineering. As a member of the System Design department management team you will be taking part in the overall development of the department. A key aspect of the work is to cooperate with Product Units within EW and the other units of Surveillance to seek ways to optimize the success of Surveillance and Saab by increasing customer value.
As Tactics & Technologies manager, you will be responsible for process, methods & tools within Systems Engineering for Business Unit EW.
We believe that you will support us to further improve our organisation and products with the following responsibilities:
• Ensuring proper staffing, including short term resource management and long term competence development and competence supply
• Cooperating with Product Units within EW and the other units of Surveillance to seek ways to optimize the success of Surveillance and Saab by increasing customer value
• Compiling and controlling the cost centre budget with support from Finance
• Creating a healthy and sustainable team and working environment
You will report to the Head of Systems Design.
Your skills and experience
- Appropriate professional or postgraduate qualification in a business oriented or technical discipline
- Proven ability and interest in leading, developing and challenging the organization, management teams and employees.
- Strong business understanding and customer focus
- Good organization, planning, staff management and team building skills
- Strong understanding of testing methodology and automation
- Understanding and ability to work in an international matrix
- Proven ability to take decisions to improve profitability
- Skills to combine strategic thinking with operational actions
- Strong drive, perseverance and ability to generate energy
- Proven communication skills
- Enthusiastic and focused on giving other persons positive energy
This position includes access to classified information, therefore you are required to conduct a security screening in accordance with the Protective Security Act and be approved for security clearance by the authority.