After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Team Lead – Systems Safety Engineering, will play a key role in furthering the development and safety position of Saab’s combat system solutions across the Royal Australian Navy’s surface fleet.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership to the Safety Engineering capability, including supervising a team of safety engineers for ongoing tasking, performance and development
- Performing system safety program tasks, including both functional and physical hazard analysis
- Performing design evaluation, engineering change and System Problem Report safety analyses
- Preparing and maintaining preliminary hazard lists and analyses, as well as system hazard analyses
- Participating in system safety working groups and producing safety assessment reports
- Maintain system requirements and mitigating controls safety status, verification and traceability
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Tertiary qualifications in electronic, electrical or mechanical engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge and experience related to Safety Engineering in complex, software intensive systems
- Knowledge of contemporary safety engineering process, standards, principles and best practice, i.e. MIL-STD-882
- Proven experience and acumen in team leadership and driving high performance
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders across multiple project activities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 24 November 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.