We are looking for a technically interested person who wants to work in a procurement organization where you have many degrees of freedom and can influence our way forward!
In this role you will work in a team which is a bridge-function between R&D and Sourcing & Supply making necessary preparation for procurement. You will have many interfaces with engineers and buyers supporting both with technical data of the components we buy. You will be working across projects analyzing data and maintain masterdata in both ERP system and engineering tools.
The main tasks are
- Making request to initiate Procurement for standard componants and support engineers making procurement request for non-standard components/systems.
- Material catalogue maintenance, secure relevant materials are available and updated in the material catalogue. Create new Material numbers and denominations in discussion with and based on engineering need.
- Monitor need for standard components and consolidate volume forecasts for Project Buyers, provide information to Project Buyers on what to buy and how much. Monitor the engineering tools and ERP system to have the full picture of what is needed and when.
- Support Engineers choose correct raw mtrl or part based on SAAB Kockums requirements, international standards and availability on the market (avoid over-specification, secure that the part exists and is manufactureable).
To be successful in this role you need to be able to manage a high workflow as well as a high degree of freedom! Since there are many interfaces during your work day, you need to enjoy social contacts and have the ability to collarborate. Serviceminded and thorough are other personal characteristics we think will contribute to your success in this role.
- Fluent oral and excellent written Swedish and English
- A few years of relevant experience from manufacturing industry
- Knowledge about and experience from construction a/o purchase work
- Good knowledge of Office programs
- Knowledge about material (steel sheets, steel pipes etc) standards a/o component standards
- Knowledge about some supplier market and product range, eg couplings, pipes, screws and electrical components
- Analytical and ability to present data
- Aveva ERM
- SAAB Kockum standards
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
SAAB Kockums manufacture submarines and surface ships for navals across the globe. Our team is organized under Sourcing & Supply and consists of five Material coordinators working closely together. Together we have deep knowledge of material and manufacturing standards and how components are made and can hence direct both Engineers and Buyers when needed, team members are located in Malmö and Karlskrona.
Business Area Kockums
Inside our leading naval factory
The Next Generation Corvette
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be
in Swedish or English.
If you have any questions about the job, don´t hesitate to contact Jesper Appelberg, recruiting manager +46 734 34 16 93 or Charlotta Lundblad,
HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74. Due to summer holidays, you will find it easiest to reach us after week 32.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect
conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect
Last updated: 01 July 2020 • 09:06