After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Technical Officer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system / combat management system across the full RAN surface fleet.
The Technical Officer will be responsible for testing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Support, repair, maintain and upgrade ANZAC and LHD Command and Control, Fire Control System and Primary Search Radar equipment
- Lead Saab technicians and sub-contractors while offsite
- Lead or assist in test, acceptance and set to work of hardware at factory and ship/shore installations
- Produce and/or validate technical documentation including test procedures, test reports and closing reports
- Hardware maintenance and support work at Saab Workshop and test sites
- Participate in the design, prototype, test and installation of minor electronic developments
- Undertake frequent travel interstate and/or overseas, sometimes at short notice.
Your experience/skills will include:
- Good general knowledge of electronic components and the correct use and care of general purpose test equipment
- Sound knowledge of safety practices related to electronic and electrical equipment
- Accurate report/technical writing
- Circuit and wiring fault finding in PC and industrial computing bus systems (cPCI, VME)
- Diagnosis and repair of circuit card assemblies to component level
- Repair and maintenance of radar equipment
- Certificate IV in Electronics and Communications or related discipline (Essential)
- Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering (Desirable).
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by Thursday 28 November 2019. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.