What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Saab Surveillance Systems-US (S3) is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Manager to fill the role of Technical Operations Manager/ Deputy Director. The Deputy Director will work with the other members of the Technical Operations team and other cross-functional leadership to:
- Support definition of strategic business objectives
- Evaluate staffing needs and support hiring needs
- Update existing processes to increase project execution efficiency
- Establish/maintain personnel training plans to update/enhance employee skills
- Support growth of the S3 engineering organization
In addition to the collaborative responsibilities identified above, other primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the Engineering Functional Managers
- Attract and retain the technical staff necessary to achieve S3’s strategic business objectives and operating goals. This includes the Engineering Functional Management staff, appropriate distribution of skills and technical capacity across the Tech Ops organization, and continuously monitoring and reconciling head counts with the operating budget.
- Establish and maintain an environment of continuous learning.
- Lead process improvement activities
- Continuously evaluate and evolve Tech Ops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to improve performance and correct deficiencies
- Establish and maintain relationships with counterparts in Saab Surveillance (Sweden)
- Monitor and guide team to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery
- Support in managing IR&D and Capital Expense budgets
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience with DoD project execution
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, science or related field. Master's degree in business, engineering or related field preferred - MBA is desirable.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience with proven track record of success in leading mid to large functional and/or program organizations.
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated track record of managing organizations and implementing process.
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
- Ability to manage IR&D and Capital Expense budgets
- Strong background in Systems Engineering
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 January 2019 • 14:16