Are you interested in technology and technical documentation? Do you want to help develop our technical information for future requirements and technical platforms?
As a Technical writer you will be involved in all work related to technical documentation. You need to be able to plan and lead the work, and you need the ability to describe complex technical systems in writing in a clear and simple way. You will also be actively involved in developing the methodology and working methods in order to meet future requirements for technical information.
- Plan and develop technical information within our new development projects or in case of upgrades of our existing products
- Collect technical source data from multiple sources, including design specifications, schematics, COTS suppliers, and hands-on use of products
- Integrate source data and write clear, concise, and structured technical procedures using engineering inputs
- Interpret and comply with DoD instructions and standards for technical writing
- Acquire solid technical knowledge of our products to improve effectiveness of technical and training documents
- Take part in calculation work, which means estimate costs and work required to produce/develop technical information meeting our customer’s requirements
- Recommend best practices and participate in process improvements.
We believe that you are an open and outgoing person who can easily cooperate in both small and large projects. You have an interest in our products and a good understanding of the needs and expectations of our customers. Since you will be planning your own work and sometimes even the work of others, you are service-minded and able to see things from a wider perspective. You have very good analytical skills and you are methodical and precise.
- Post-secondary education in technology,
- Interest in technology,
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written,
- Ability to work in a team environment, follow processes and interface with training professionals,
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience in using UpTime or similar Publishing System,
- Experience in S1000D architecture,
- Experience in working in a front-end engineering/software development setting.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of a team that provides technical information contributing to systems that are safe and easy to use. The team is a part of the Development Unit within Business Area Dynamics. Our division consists of seven sections, three of them are located in Karlskoga, three in Linköping and one covers both locations. We are all working in projects based in both locations, but your main workplace will be in Linköping.
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ads expiration date. If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward you application as soon as possible
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Last updated: 10 July 2019 • 15:18